AFRINIC and ICANN partner to bring you an informative webinar on the Root Server System.
DNS is crucial in our everyday interactions with most Internet-related applications. The most visible value is the fact that it translates and resolves IP addresses to human recognisable domain names.
At the very heart of DNS is the Root. The Root zone contains all the top-level domains such as the well-known .com and .me to name but a few. This special zone is served by a globally distributed network known as the Root Server System.
The Root Server System is a critical infrastructure and this webinar will take participants through what it is and its role in supporting a vibrant Internet ecosystem.
By the end of the session, participants should be able to:
- Understand what the root server system is and why it is critical for the Internet
- Understand the impact of root servers in the economy
- Identify the importance and benefits of hosting a root server instance
Use the following link to register
Date: 24th September 2020
• 12:30 UTC (Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire)
• 13:30 WAT (Nigeria, Cameroon)
• 14:30 SAST (South Africa, Eswatini, Lesotho)
• 15:30 EAT (Kenya, Uganda)
• 16:30 GST (Mauritius, Seychelles)
This webinar will be in English. A French one will be organised later.
Don't forget to add the event to your calendar.
See you at the webinar!