We are pleased to announce the winning projects selected for the FIRE Africa Grants program 2018. These projects have been chosen from a list of 106 proposals received from 17 countries from Africa for the categories Women empowerment in ICT and Community Networks.
Congratulations to all the winners.
- Rosalia Health Innovation Team from Tanzania for the project Linking Gender-Based Violence victims to the special services using mobile phone apps
- Shule Direct from Tanzania for the project Ndoto App
- Empower youth in Technology from Uganda for the project Stimulating innovation and entrepreneurship among women in the ICT sector
- Mashinani Hub from the Democratic Republic of the Congo for the project Mobile Solar Labs
- NetPoints Limited from the Democratic Republic of the Congo for the project Solar Powered Internet Kiosk
Rosalia Health Innovation, Shule Direct and Empower youth in Technology will each receive funds in the amount of USD 11,000 whereas Mashinani Hub and NetPoints Limited will be awarded USD 15,000 each.FIRE Grants are funds provided to projects that will be implemented within a period of 6 to 12 months. Some funded projects are new and others are existing projects that need funds to scale up. The selected project's proposals have aligned with the funding categories and eligibility criteria required for a specific funding cycle. Grant funds can be as high as $30,000 (USD).