- Strict adherence to AFRINIC’s Code of Conduct;
- Subscribe with the same name being used in everyday life. In other words, the subscriber agrees to provide accurate and verifiable information.
- Create only one account (your own) for each mailing list;
- Refrain from sharing his password, give access to his account to others, or transfer his account to anyone else (without AFRINIC’s permission);
- Refrain from posting or share contents
- That is not consistent with AFRINIC’s Code of Conduct.
- That is defamatory, discriminatory, fraudulent, misleading or otherwise unlawful.
- That infringes or violates someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- Not to upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of the mailing lists to which the subscriber is subscribed;
- Not access or collect data from our mailing lists using any means (without AFRINIC’s prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access;
- Acknowledge and accept that all posts solely represent the views of the person making the posting, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Avoid all product marketing, business development, or business lead purposes;
- Avoid all actions that, while not described specifically here, AFRINIC in its own judgment considers similar to the conduct described herein;
- Indemnify, defend and hold AFRINIC harmless against any claim including but not limited to damages incurred in connection with any third-party claim, the subject of which is based on the comment(s) posted by the subscriber;
- The relationship between AFRINIC and the subscriber shall be governed by the laws of Mauritius and both parties undertake to resolve any dispute arising amicably;
- That notwithstanding anything contained herein, AFRINIC specifically reserves the right to pursue any remedy in law or equity.
Whilst a mailing list is a 24/7 medium, AFRINIC’s moderation capabilities are not. As such, AFRINIC may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and it trusts its community including all subscribers to its mailing lists to act responsibly and exercise restraint as well as to remain relevant to the subject-matter under discussion.
As regards those mailing lists not being subject to the control of AFRINIC, intended subscribers are advised to consult the relevant applicable terms thereto, and as such, AFRINIC shall not be held responsible to the contents thereof.
Reporting Violations and Enforcement
Without prejudice to the powers attributed to its Chief Executive Officer and the Co-Chairs of the PDWG in regard to the enforcement of the relevant mailing lists, AFRINIC reserves the right to maintain order and decorum on the mailing lists it manages and in furtherance thereof, it may impose disciplinary actions on individual mailing list subscribers. At its own discretion, AFRINIC may take any one or more of the following actions in response to a reported violation or its own determination that a violation has occurred:
- Issue the offender a written warning; and/or
- Filter/remove the offender’s comment(s); and/or
- Immediately revoke the offender’s posting privileges to one or all AFRINIC mailing list(s); and/or
- Revoke posting privileges for a specified time period or permanently.