The AFRINIC Board hereby calls for volunteers who wish to be considered for appointment to the ASO AC/NRO NC.
One of the three AFRINIC representatives in the NRO NC is appointed by the AFRINIC Board, and the Board intends to appoint one community volunteer for a one-year term, from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021. The current Board Appointee to the NRO NC / ASO AC is Mrs Wafa Dahmani and her term is due to end on 31 December 2020.
The responsibilities for the ASO AC/NRO NC include:
- Overseeing the Global Policy Development Process (GPDP).
- Providing recommendations to the ICANN Board concerning the recognition of new RIRs.
- Defining procedures to appoint Directors to serve in the ASO’s two seats (Seat 9 and Seat 10) on the ICANN Board of Directors and to serve on other ICANN bodies.
- Providing advice to the ICANN Board on Internet number resource allocation policy, in conjunction with the RIRs.
- Developing procedures for conducting business in support of their responsibilities, in particular for the appointment of an ASO AC Chair and definition of the Chair’s responsibilities.
Volunteers for the NRO NC/ASO AC seat are invited to send a brief biography, and their reasons for seeking appointment, to legal at afrinic.net, no later than 23:59 UTC on 18 December 2020. Existing appointees for the NRO NC/ASO AC seats are eligible to volunteer for re-appointment.