In the context of the International Girls in ICT Day 2020, AFRINIC in partnership with the World Wide Web Foundation is organising an online dialogue to discuss the empowerment of women in the tech world.
The theme of the meeting is: Expand Horizons for African Women: Change attitudes in tech leadership.
This webinar is scheduled for Thursday 23 April 2020 from 14:00 to 15:00 (GMT).
The main speaker will be:
- Ms Nnenna Nwakanma, the Chief Web Advocate, World Wide Web Foundation;
- M. Arthur Carindal Head of Stakeholder Engagement, AFRINIC;
- M. Brice ABBA Community Development Manager, AFRINIC will also intervene during this event.
The webinar will discuss, among other issues, the following:
- The need for African women to transition from content users to creators.
- Content is king. However, we need content that transforms.
- There is money to be made. But it is important to tackle poverty, and other challenges have given the enormous potential and opportunities.
- The need to develop and transform critical ICT policy and decision making ecosystem in Africa, across the world and even at national levels. Examples of places/positions are waiting for you.
- In the COVID-19 crisis, there are many things you can do. There is a huge reliance on the digital community and your involvement and participation are critical. Position yourself for impact and transformation.
Ms Nnenna Nwakanma, the Chief Web Advocate, World Wide Web Foundation
We invite the community to register for this important webinar at https://bit.ly/Register_Girls_in_ICT_Webinar
After registering, you will receive an email with the details for joining the online meeting.
See more on the International Girls in ICT Day 2020 at <https://bit.ly/Girls_in_ICT_Day_2020>
We look forward to seeing you at the webinar.