March 14 2017 - We invite all individuals wishing to present during AIS’17, which will be held from 21 May to 2 June 2017 to submit their presentation abstract.
To enrich the discussions and share knowledge with the technical community at AIS’17, we are seeking presentations of a wide range of issues, broadly related to access and development of the Internet in Africa. We are specifically interested in presentations focusing on:
- Internet Governance
- Core Internet Infrastructure
- Access, Utility and Development
- The Internet and Economic Development
- Business Practices and Technology
- Higher Education in the Age of Technology
- Cyber Security
- Technology and Business
- Cloud Computing
- Open Data/Big Data
- Technology and Content Production
- Relations between Mobile Operators and the Internet Community
- Mobile Applications
- Peering and Interconnection
Your contribution can be in the form of a presentation during a session, a tutorial, or a live technical demonstration.
Kindly read all information carefully before submitting your proposal.
- Presentations should be 15 -30 minutes in length, with approximately 10-15 minutes for Q&A at the end of each presentation.
- The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed 45 minutes.
- The presenter(s) will be required to upload their final presentation in PDF format, no later than five (5) days prior to the presentation date.
- Presenters are responsible for producing any handouts if required. There are usually approximately 200 delegates in each session.
Presentations with marketing and/or commercial content will not be considered.
How to submit a Presentation Proposal
- Please register/login on the AIS’17 website at: https://internetsummitafrica.org/component/afmeeting/?view=login
- Fill in the online form with the requested information.
- In the Speakers section, provide your abstract, your biography and slides if available and you are done!
Important dates to note
Deadline for submitting an application – 14 April 2017
Notification of acceptance of application – 21 April 2017
Submission of draft presentation – 28 April 2017
Submission of final presentation - 23 May 2017