20 May 2016 - We would like to inform you that the AFRINIC Board has approved version 3 of the Governance Committee charter.
We have highlighted a few changes from its previous version. Some of these changes are:
- The number of members appointed by the Board is reduced from 4 to 2. They still serve staggered 2-year terms.
- The number of members elected by the AFRINIC membership is reduced from 4 to 3. They will serve staggered 3-year terms instead of 2-year terms.
- The number of non-voting liaisons appointed by the Board is reduced from 1 or 2 (at the Board’s discretion) to exactly 1.
- Some changes in other numbers or examples in line with the reduction in membership.
- Some minor changes in wording.
More on the latest version of the document and the latest changes here.
Page 7 of 118