This is a call to present at the Africa Internet Summit (AIS) 2013. The AIS (AfNOG-14 and AFRINIC-18) will be held in Lusaka, Zambia, from 9 to 21 June 2013.
The AIS brings together different actors and sectors including Internet and communications, governments, business, civil society and academia in Africa and other parts of the world to discuss issues relating to Internet, and other social and development related activities: mobile communications, applications, technology developments, use and impact, etc. It also offers trainings to mobile communications engineers, managers, decision-makers, academics, and civil society on issues such as Internet number resource management, IPv6, network monitoring and management, and cyber security. The overall theme for this year’s Summit will be:
Connection Matters: Making the Internet work for African development.
The AIS will include trainings, workshops, tutorials, keynote speeches, panel discussions, individual presentations, roundtable discussions and plenaries.
To enrich the discussions at the Summit, we are seeking presentations from different actors interested in sharing ideas and knowledge on a wide range of issues broadly relating to access and appropriation of the Internet for development in Africa but under the rubric of the overall Summit theme. We are specifically interested in presentations focusing on:
1. Internet Governance
3. Core Internet infrastructure
4. Access, utility and development
5. The Internet and economic development
6. Business practices in the era of technology
7. Higher education in the age of technology
8. Cyber Security
9. Technology and business
10. Cloud Computing
11. Open Data/Big Data
12. Technology and content production
13. Relations between mobile operators and the Internet community
14. Mobile applications
16. Peering and interconnection
If you are interested in making a presentation at AIS 2013, please send us an abstract of not more than 300 words outlining the key ideas of your presentation. The call for presentations closes on 22 March 2013. We will notify successful presenters by March 29 who will then be expected to submit their presentations by April 30. We will publish the Summit programme by May 15.
· Presentations will be 15 to 20 minutes in length, with approximately 10 minutes for Q&A at the end of each presentation. The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed 45 minutes.
· Presenters will be responsible for any handouts. There are typically approximately 250 delegates.
· Selected presenters will be contacted by the Presenter Liaison to coordinate logistics and details.
· Note that proposals are reviewed and accepted on an on-going basis and that presentation slots may be filled prior to this date.
*** Presentations that contain any sort of marketing and commercial content are usually not encouraged at our meetings.
How to submit:
Please send submissions to: aiscfp [@] afrinic.net
Your proposal should contain the following information:
· Full Name
· Email Address
· Title of Presentation
· A detailed abstract or outline describing the presentation
· Draft slides for the presentation (if ready/available)
· Length of talk (minutes)
· Short biography
*Please note that we do not provide financial or any other support to attend the meeting.
- Deadline for presentation proposal submissions – 22 March 2013
- Notification of Acceptance of presentation proposal - 29 March 2013
- Submission of presentation – 30 April 2013
Thank you for your contribution.
AIS Meeting team