AFRINIC Database Working Group
Draft – 24/08/2016
The purpose of the AFRINIC Database Working Group (DBWG) is to provide a channel for discussion between AFRINIC staff, technical community members, and other stakeholders, regarding the implementation of AFRINIC's WHOIS service. Through this channel, the staff will:
- Announce new developments or updates.
- Engage the community in testing new developments.
- Call for comments or suggestions regarding any technical aspect of the WHOIS.
- Engage the community with regards to the database inconsistencies and how we can work together to have them resolved.
- Call for presentations and researches around the WHOIS and database-related subjects.
- Gather ideas of the community regarding improvements to the current DB-related services.
- Help the community in terms of DB tools or objects migration.
- Update and improve the current documentation and share the business rules.
Rules and guidelines
- The database working group is dedicated for technical discussion of the WHOIS service and the underlying database.
- Though comments and suggestions are welcome from the community, the final decision on implementation details will be reserved for the staff.
- The database working group members are kindly asked to follow AFRINIC's code of conduct
- Comments or suggestions raised in the database working group will be handled by AFRINIC staff as time permits. Any bugs or operational issues should be reported through other channels.
The database working group chairs are staff members appointed by the Head of IT&Engineering.
The current chairs are:
- Michel ODOU
- Simon SERUYINDA