ASO AC Election Process & Guidelines
Table of contents
- ASO AC Election Process & Guidelines
- Election time lines
- How to Nominate
- Nomination Verification
- Finalising the Slate of Candidates
- Notification of Candidates
- Vote Counting and Announcement of Election Results
The ASO Address Council consists of members of the NRO Number Council. It is responsible for the organizational roles of:
- Undertaking a role in the global policy development process
- Providing recommendations to the Board of ICANN concerning the recognition of new RIRs, according to agreed requirements and policies as currently described in http://www.icann.org/icp/icp-2.htm
- Defining procedures for selection of individuals to serve on other ICANN bodies, in particular on the ICANN Board, and implementing any roles assigned to the Address Council in such procedures.
- Providing advice to the Board of ICANN on number resource allocation policy, in conjunction with the RIRs.
- Developing procedures for conducting business in support of their responsibilities, in particular for the appointment of an Address Council Chair and definition of the Chair’s responsibilities.
See the ASO-AC MoU at is available here for more information.