The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and implemention of software solutions that result in high quality and easy-to-use applications and software products.
1) Job Background
(A) Job Purpose/Mission of Role
To design, develop, test, and implement software solutions that result in high-quality and easy-to-use applications and software products.
- Reports to Head of Value Added Services
- Number of Direct Reports: N/A
(B) Essential Qualifications and Work Experience
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or an equivalent amount of technical coursework and work experience in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in the related field.
- Ability to develop using Java and the Spring Framework.
- Ability to develop RESTful APIs.
2) Reporting Structure
3) Key Responsibilities
|Write custom applications||
|Analysis and design||
|Test and troubleshoot||
- Ability to set up a LAMP stack.
- Conversant with using Java and productivity frameworks.
- Conversant with test-driven development.
- Conversant with RESTful APIs.
- Effective use of Integrated Development Environments (IDE).
- Effective use of Source Control Management systems.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix command-line interfaces.
- Familiarity with code review practices.
- Knowledge in Scrum Methodology
- Knowledge of additional languages (for example, Perl, Python, or others) is a plus.
- AFRINIC’s Behavioural Competencies as applicable and as revised from time to time.
5) AFRINIC Expectations
In carrying out essential duties, an individual should commit to AFRINIC’s mission and values, working as one team to deliver service excellence.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Demonstrates a shared commitment to fulfilling team and organisational goals co-operatively
- Strives for excellence and focuses on continuously improving outcomes
- Displays professionalism through competence, high standards, self-management, and a service ethic
- Displays integrity through ethical behaviour, constructive contribution, and use of appropriate channels
- Makes responsible use of member funds through efficient use of time, funds, and resources
- Models respect by being punctual, reliable, prepared, courteous, and responsive
Head of People & Productivity, 11th Floor, Standard Chartered Tower, Ebène Cybercity, Ebène Mauritius
- Please indicate in the subject title of your email the job reference only: afjob-SE-20210720
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3 August 2021
- Start date: As soon as possible
Final interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held at the AFRINIC office in Ebène, Mauritius, when possible; otherwise, interviews will be conducted remotely. The shortlist selection will be based on the dossiers of applicants and telephone/remote interviews of candidates with the desired profile.
AFRINIC reserves the right to call only the best-qualified candidates for an interview and not make an appointment following this advertisement.
Applicants who are not contacted for an interview within 15 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.