AFRINIC’s IP number Analysts play a key role in the allocation and assignments of Internet address space within the AFRINIC service region, and in ensuring that address space is used efficiently. Every request received by AFRINIC must be assessed in detail before an allocation is made through detailed analysis of technical infrastructure plans, network growth projections, and general technical consistency.
|Internal Job Title||IP number Analyst|
|Unit||Registration Services (RS)|
|Reports To||Registration Service Manager (RSM)|
- Review of individual applications for AFRINIC membership & IP numbers resources, including technical analysis of infrastructure plans and projections;
- Allocation and assignment of address space in response to requests, as they are approved;
- Entry and maintenance of allocations and assignments within AFRINIC registration databases;
- Responding in a timely manner to address space and related queries;
- Provision of technical support to the AFRINIC community;
- Escalation of non-routine requests to appropriate senior staff.
- Undertake project work as required.
- Assist in the resolution of customer service issues.
- Work closely with team members to ensure that the best services are provided for their accounts.
- Assist the training team in developing training material and delivering training in the region.
- Depending on their qualifications, interests, and most of all, available time, IP Analysts may
- Choose to participate in AFRINIC activities other than those listed above. Such activities may include documentation, training, web site maintenance, technical development, and related activities.
- Produce by 04 of each month a written report on the Hostmaster activities over the previous month
- Produce by 26 December an annual written report on the Hostmaster activities over the current year
- Participate to performance appraisal with the Registration Services Manager two (2) times yearly
- Perform other related duties as required from time to time by the Registration Services Manager and the Head of Member Services
- Handling of requests for AFRINIC membership
- Handling of requests and queries for Internet Number resources and related services;
- Maintenance of AFRINIC resource registration databases;
- Maintenance of customer relationships to a high standard;
- Identifying areas for improvement and suggesting and/or implementing new software tools and systems, as needed;
- Reporting to senior staff;
- Maintenance of Internet Infrastructure and standards technical fluency and knowledge
- Two year's work experience in an ISP, Internet, or related environment;
- Knowledge of Unix and X-windows based computer tools;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related course of study.
- A minimum of 3 year of work experience in a technical support and/or technical customer service role.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send a letter of motivation accompanied by your CV, both in English, either via email to jobs[at]afrinic.net or on following address:
Director Human Resources & Administration
11th Floor, Raffles Tower,
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 October 2013
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please note that exact reference for the job should be mentioned as subject of email for example:
Subject : afjob-IPA20131003
Interviews will be held at the AFRINIC office in Ebène.
AFRINIC reserves the right to call only the best qualified candidates for an interview and not to make any appointment following this advertisement.