As a Regional Internet Registry, the allocation and assignment of Internet number resources is AFRINIC's core activity.
All information related to IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, AS numbers and reverse delegations are registered in the AFRINIC database and made publicly available through our Whois database.
Note: AFRINIC provides only IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, AS numbers, and reverse DNS delegations to networks in the AFRINIC service region. AFRINIC does not provide domain name registration services.
Become a Resource member
- Check your eligibility and read the policies related to the resources you plan to request.
Sign in and fill the New Membership Registration form on the template which matches your resources request via the New Membership Registration Portal
- Sign the Registration Service Agreement (RSA).
- Send the signed Service Agreement by fax or email (new-member[at]AFRINIC.net). Original documents should be sent by courier.
- Your request for resources will be evaluated.
- Once your request is approved, an invoice (including setup fee + membership fee) is sent to your organisation.
- You can proceed with an online payment.
- You become a member of AFRINIC when your request is approved and after receipt of payment of the set up and membership fees.
- You can now log in to my.AFRINIC.net to manage your resources.