According to Section 13 of the AFRINIC by-laws, the following Board seats will be up for renewal in June 2015:
- Seat 5 (Southern Africa)
- Seat 6 (Eastern Africa)
We are pleased to invite nominations for candidates to fill the above seats.
Any suitable natural person residing in one of the above regions can be nominated (for that sub-region) provided they comply with the requirements in Section 13 of the by-laws.
A nominee shall:
- Be nominated by one (1) AFRINIC member in good standing or be formally endorsed by at least two (2) AFRINIC members in good standing in case of self-nomination.
- Have participated in at least two (2) AFRINIC events (physically or online) in the past three (3) years;
- Have at least five (5) years professional experience in an area relevant to AFRINIC activities, such as Internet Resource Management, ICT, policy development, finance, audit and HR management;
- Not be an employee or member of a decision-making body (such as a Board) of an organisation which may create any conflict of interest;
- Be available and committed to participate in Board meetings and other AFRINIC activities (face-to-face and online).
To nominate yourself or a person of your choice, please complete the nomination form available here.
The deadline for nominations is 15 April 2015 at 20:00 UTC.
Note: It is expected that candidates should be able to attend AFRINIC-22 in person on the Day of Election (04 June 2015) where they will be afforded an opportunity to introduce themselves and make a short presentation to the community during the Annual General Members Meeting. The meeting will take place in Tunis from 01-05 June 2015.
For more information on the election process, please browse to:http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/elections/bod-election/process
2015 Nominations Committee (NomCom)