We are seeking nominations for one Co-Chair of the Policy Development Working Group (PDWG) for a 2-year term (June 2015 – June 2017).
Co-Chairs of the PDWG are volunteers selected by the community per the current Policy Development Process (PDP) to carry out all administrative functions of the Policy Development Working Group (PDWG). Their responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Chairing face-to-face policy meeting sessions and determining consensus.
- Preparing post-meeting policy reports to share with the community as appropriate.
- Preparing pre-meeting reports (usually mailing list discussion summaries) in preparation for face-to-face meetings.
- Advising the board about ratification of proposals that reached consensus.
- Evaluating emergencies that may necessitate varying the normal policy development process.
Nominees must be residing in a country from the AFRINIC service region and should not be staff of AFRINIC or any other Regional Internet Registry (RIR). Nominations must be by an AFRINIC member in good standing or in case of self-nominations, be seconded by two (2) AFRINIC members in good standing.
To nominate yourself or a candidate of your choice, please fill in the form here.
Please refer to the following for more information:
The PDWG Co-Chair election process: http://afrinic.net/en/community/elections/pdwg-election
The deadline for nominations is 12th May 2015 20:00 UTC.
On behalf of the NomCom2015 Chair