Create Person Object on AFRINIC whois database
Create and verify a person object
A person object contains information about technical or administrative contact responsible for the object where it is referenced. Each object has a unique Nic-handle attribute ("nic-hdl:"). Nic-handle is a unique identifier of a PERSON object. Whenever a PERSON object is referenced in another database object, it is referenced by its Nic-handle and not by the person’s name. Once the object is created, the value of the "person:" attribute cannot be changed.
Follow the steps below:
- On the Afrinic Whois client, click on "Create Object" tab.
- You will have to load the person object template into the web whois client. To do this, tick the checkbox next to "person" and click on "Load" ;
3. The person object template will be shown. Fill and submit the object template with specific data. (If in doubt what to fill for a specific attribute value, hover your cursor over the templates' attributes on the right for more details)
a.) the "person" attribute takes full name as argument. e.g. ( person: John Smith)
b.) complete the "address:" attribute with your address as the name suggests
c.) same for the "phone: " and "email:" attribute.
d.) Leave the "nic-hdl:" and "source:" attribute as it has already been specified.
e.) complete the "notify:" attribute with the email address of the person to be notified of any changes to this person object
4. After successful creation of the Person object, you shall get the screen below;
5. You may query the Whois to verify the Person object. E.g the query "-rB john smith" gives the output below;