Winners of the Second Edition of the FIRE Programme Grants
The FIRE Programme Grants acknowledge the remarkable contributions that ICT innovators across Africa have made to their communities by using the Internet to address social and development challenges.
The Programme grants range from USD 7,500 - 10,000 and are allocated to project proposals that are implemented in a period of 6 to 12 months.
There are three funding categories:
• Innovation on Access Provision
• Freedom of Expression
After a competitive process followed by a rigorous selection, this year the FIRE Programme has selected, 11
- School Children Cyber Safety Project, Asonga Kuchio Foundation, Kenya;
- Improvement of Aquaculture productivity and income of Fishers, Farmerline Ltd, Ghana;
- Citizens Jury, Beacons Development Foundation, Nigeria;
- Problem-Based E-Learning System Development for Use in Agricultural Training and Extension, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, Kenya;
- Cape Verde Tourism, University Jean Piaget of CapeVerde, Cape Verde;
- CyCy - Internet for All. Anytime. Anywhere, Freewire Networks (Pvt) Ltd, Zimbabwe;
- TaxiMobile, Novazen Ltd, Cameroon;
- Millime, TEC4DEV, Tunisia;
- Android Application to index and report damaged infrastructures, CHALA, Cote d’Ivoire and Morocco;
- SmartEco, TEN, Tunisia;
- Cyber Champion, Competences Ltd, Cote d’Ivoire.
Each of the 11 winners will receive a USD 10,000 grant to implement his/her project.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2014 FIRE GRANT WINNERS!