The NomCom comprises four members who are appointed by the AFRINIC Board.
The four (4) members of the NomCom are composed as follows:
- 1 Member selected from within the Board (Should not be from the region for which an election is being held).
- 3 volunteers selected from the community
The main responsibility of the NomCom is to screen and propose suitable candidates for all elections with AFRINIC.
These include Board, NRO NC, PDWG, Governance Committee or any other future elections within AFRINIC.
NomCom members serve on a voluntary basis, supported and guided by the CEO along with a staff member appointed by the CEO.
The committee essentially works via e-mail (using a designated mailing list) and teleconferences.
The NomCom’s responsibilities are defined in section 9 (link) of the AFRINIC Bylaws.
Appointment of NomCom
Once the date of the first Public Policy Meeting of the year has been determined, the process to appoint the NomCom is initiated using the following timeline:
Days to Board Election
|31 January 2017||Call for Volunteers to the Nomination Committee:||120 days|
|15 February 2017||Appointment and publication of NomCom:||105 days|
|3 March 2017||Election of NomCom Chair:||90 days|
NomCom 2017 Members
- John Walubengo (Eastern Africa),
- Mustapha Ben Jemaa (Northern Africa),
- Wale Adedokun (Western Africa) - Chairman,
- Lucky Masilela (Southern Africa) as a Board representative